Residents enjoy a great variety of individual and group activities.
- Yoga stretching exercises
- Daily Bingo
- Weekly sing-along
- Puzzles, dominoes, and other games always available
- Knitting group
- Bible study
- Course of miracles
- Weekly book group discussion when desired by residents
- Raised-bed gardening
- 4th of July Parade activities
- Picnics on the patio with community groups
- Entertainment by musicians, singers, children's groups, and more
10 Best Things!
Ten ways Millie’s Assisted Living differs drom other assisted living facilities
- Our family-style living is casual and comfortable, including family-style meals. Family and friends of residents are encouraged to stay for meals.
- Downtown Silver City is so close residents can walk or go there in wheelchairs.
- Millie’s Assisted Living has many open areas for residents to use—three patios (one with a pond, waterfall, and fish), a multi-purpose room, and a library—in addition to the dining room and living room.
- Small pets are allowed.
- Staff members interact daily with each resident.
- Healthy snacks are available 24-hours a day.
- Social, recreational, cultural, and physical activities.
- Doctors make house calls to residents.
- Furnished or unfurnished—bring what you want to make this your home.
- We really care
If a resident’s health deteriorates but s/he wants to remain at Millie’s Assisted Living, we are willing to go through state-mandated procedures to try and accomplish this.