Residents enjoy a great variety of individual and group activities.
- Daily Stretching Exercises
- Daily Bingo
- Weekly Sing-along
- Puzzles, Dominoes, and many other games always available
- Weekly Outings in the MALC Van to Bill Evans Lake, the SC Museum, Etc.
- Once-a-Week Lunch at one of Silver City’s Restaurants
- Community Concerts when performed
- Weekly Book Group Discussion when desired by residents
- Friday Night Movie & Popcorn
- Raised-bed gardening
- WILL brown bag lunches
- Senior Center lunches and activities
- 4th of July Parade activities
- Picnics on the patio with community groups
- Entertainment by musicians, singers, children's groups, and more
10 Best Things!
Ten ways Millie’s Assisted Living differs drom other assisted living facilities
- Our family-style living is casual and comfortable, including family-style meals. Family and friends of residents are encouraged to stay for meals.
- Downtown Silver City is so close that residents can walk or go there in wheelchairs.
- Millie’s Assisted Living has many open areas for residents to use—three patios (one with a pond, waterfall, and fish), a multi-purpose room, and a library—in addition to the dining room and living room. Also, Friends of Millie’s is developing a “park” behind Millie’s with fruit trees, gardens, and native plants.
- Small pets are allowed.
- Staff members interact socially at least daily with each resident.
- Healthy snacks are available 24-hours a day.
- Social, recreational, cultural, and physical activities.
- Doctors make house calls to residents.
- Furnished or unfurnished—bring what you want to make this your home.
If a resident’s health deteriorates but s/he wants to remain at Millie’s Assisted Living, we are willing to go through state-mandated procedures to try and accomplish this.